R1 HD Amazon Bootloader unlock
BOOTLOADER UNLOCK METHOD 1
Hi Guys thanks to a team effort the Amazon R1 HD has root access with SP Flash Tool and TWRP recovery image.
I went ahead with the help of jcase and unlocked the bootloader because i wanted full access.
What i did is put together this script that will walk you through the steps to unlocking your Amazon R1 HD bootloader.
Steps are simple you just download this script that i created and click on the batch file once you have extracted it to your desktop. Follow the script it will walk you through everything.
Note Root access is required to use the script and you can watch a video on how to root the device below. My Script as been updated to work on Linux Mac or Windows
Download Files Here
How to unlock the bootloader video
How to root and install twrp recovery video
Here are the steps to check if your bootloader is unlocked since people are asking. With the device turned on and adb debugging working. Run these commands in terminal or command window
adb reboot bootloader
Once in fastboot mode run this command to check if unlocked.
fastboot getvar all
It will return yes for unlock and no for locked.
BOOTLOADER UNLOCK METHOD 2
1. Download SP-Flash-Tool-bootloader-unlock.zip
2. Extract the SP-Flash-Tool-bootloader-unlock.zip to your desktop. Note 7zip is great to extract files.
3. lauch Flash_tool.exe
4. select scatter-loading and browser to load MT6735_Android_scatter_R1_Unlock.txt
5. click download button to start.
6. now plug your phone into the computer. to boot the device to preloader and start the flash. You can do it two ways: 1. power off the phone and flash will start or 2. From a powered off stat power on the device while plugged into the computer. either way will start the sp flash tool.
7. once the flash is complete which should take seconds you can unplug the device and reboot it. Congrats you can now unlock the bootloader like any normal device now.
WARNING UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER WILL WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE
How to unlock the bootloader now that you have turned on this feature.
1. power off the device
2. holder volume up and power until you are at the boot menu with recovery fastboot and normal as options scroll with volume up to fastboot then press power button to select
3. once in fastboot mode you will need to option a command window on your computer and make sure you have your adb and fastboot files
4. cd to the folder with your adb and fastboot files then run these commands
5. to maks sure your devices are working correctly
6. to unlock the bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
7. follow the directions on your device screen. once it is finished unlocking you can check it with
fastboot getvar all
8. Next to reboot the device use
thats it your bootloader is unlocked
Note: if you have twrp recovery install and unlock your bootloader with METHOD 2 the device will try and boot to recovery and wipe data which will fail because you and twrp installed.
The only way to fix this is to boot to fastboot mode and run this command
fastboot format userdata
then just reboot out of fastboot mode and the device will boot up.
Need help with these commands check out this video jump ahead to 6min 45sec to see commands above