RSD Lite for Mac and Linux
So many people have asked me if RSD lite Program works on Mac or Linux and every time i have to tell them “Nope only windows”. I was on XDA developers and a user named Liboicl uploaded a awesome script that turns Motorola Firmware XML files into fastboot commands for a linux machine. After Downloading and checking it out I decided that I would also make it work on Mac and give it a little face lift. 🙂 NOTE This script also checks the MD5 of each file and compares them to the XML file list.
How to use RSD-FLASH.SH file on your Mac or Linux machines.
- Download the RSD-Lite-Mac-Linux.zip here. scroll down the page a little
- Extract the zip to your desktop leaving you with a folders called RSD-Lite-Mac-Linux
- Download the Motorola Firmware you need from HERE or HERE then extract all files in firmware.zip to RSD-Lite-Mac-Linux folder.
- open a Terminal and CD to folder RSD-Lite-Mac-Linux
- Command to flash device is ./rsd-flash.sh [name of xml file you want to use] EXAMPLES flashfile.xml or servicefile.xml
- press enter to start the flash from terminal
- watch for any errors. If no errors at the end of the script then press enter to reboot the device.
Motorola devices must be in bootloader / AP fastboot mode to use this tool.
- Power off device
- hold volume down and power to boot the device into AP fastboot mode so that you can flash.
If you have a windows machine that is fine also as you can still use RSD lite form Motorola
Learn more about RSDlite and other firmware flashing tricks HERE